In the last post I showed you a few little snippets of a painting I was working on. I finished it and it's still got a lot of color! It doesn't have a title yet so if you have any thoughts, feel free to share in the comments. It's 20x16x1.5 and the image continues on the sides of the canvas. To me, this feels like a field of flowers in spring.
- It helps me to work out design ideas for future paintings.
- I can work out color combinations and mixtures.
- I can try different techniques before taking them to the canvas.
- I can save all this to look at later when I need some inspiration.
- I make notes about what works and what doesn't so I don't have to reinvent the wheel when I'm working.
- No one ever has to see my studio work book unless I feel like sharing. I'm free to experiment and play and if it doesn't work, I learned something. If it works, I learned something.